Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Introduction

My name is Karen. I am a fairly new resident of Barre (less than two years), where I live my husband Chris, our 20 month old son Rowan and 13 year old cat Modem.

My background is in elementary education, mostly first through fourth grade. My previous job was working as a paraeducator in Williston. I am not currently working in a school, instead I am a busy stay at home parent.

I like spending time outdoors. I enjoy hiking, skiing, snowshoeing and gardening. I love to cook, I used to quilt, and I'm trying to get better at photography.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    I thought I posted a comment a moment ago, but I do not know where it went! We really have a lot in common! I also love the outdoors where I like to hike, snowshoe, cross-country ski, and garden. Indoors, like you, I like to cook, (read), sew, and quilt, although I do not have time for sewing right now! One of my goals for this class is to become more comfortable with digital photography so that I can document cool student projects and events at school.
    I was also a stay-at-home mom for a few years after our second child was born. we have two ten-year-old litter mate cats, Oliver and Maggie.
    I enjoyed reading your introduction. Have a nice Valentine's Day! See you Tuesday. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a great time going to the Green Mountain Club Snowshoe Festival with my daughter and three grandchildren. I bought them snowshoes for Christmas and they are doing great on them! Where do you go snowshoeing? Do you go on your own or with other people?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nancy: I guess we do have a lot of common interests! I see more snow in the forecast, great for the snowsports, but not so great for everything else. :)

    @Ruth: This is only my second winter in the area, and last winter I didn't get out much. Up to this point I've only been snowshoeing in my yard and back woods. When I lived in Burlington, I used to go to Red Rocks park and in the fields behind the school where I worked. I usually go alone, since I usually go last minute.

    ReplyDelete